Germany sends equipment for Leopard tanks within new aid package to Ukraine
Germany has sent Ukraine a new package of military assistance to repel Russian aggression, which includes tactical goggles, satellite communication terminals, and tank tractors.
The whole list includes:
- equipment for Leopard tanks;
- 14 tracked all-terrain vehicles Bandvagn 206 (BV206);
- one bridge-laying tank BEAVER;
- two mine clearing tanks WISENT 1;
- 99 SatCom terminals;
- 21 border protection vehicles;
- 239 Crypto Phones;
- 11 truck tractors HX81;
- 12 semi-trailers;
- almost 33,000 rounds of 40-mm ammunition;
- 20,000 safety glasses;
- 1 set of spare part packages for VECTOR drones;
- 1,202 Infusion kits (medical equipment).
In September, Ukraine received a new German batch of military assistance, including 20 Marder infantry fighting vehicles, two tanks for demining Wisent 1, reconnaissance drones and UAV detection systems, and artillery ammunition of 155-mm caliber.
This year, Germany has provided assistance to Ukraine for about 5.4 billion euros after 2 billion euros last year. These funds are primarily aimed at military support for Ukraine. They are also used to finance the replacement of military equipment transferred to Ukraine from the Bundeswehr reserves and German contributions to the European Peace Fund (EPF), which, in turn, can be used to reimburse EU member states.