Timeline: day 170 of Ukraine's defense against russia's aggression
Today is August 12. russia's military attack on Ukraine has been going on for 170 days. We're reporting on the current news. The article will be updated.
What about today?
What for the occupiers are the military targets are shrines for us. What for them are unknown names on the map, for us, are the places familiar from childhood. They carry out other people's criminal orders, and we protect our homeland.
The latest information as of 6 am:
- The occupiers tried to conduct offensive battles in the districts of Spartak and Maryinka but were unsuccessful and withdrew. Fighting continues near the village of Pisky.
- As a result of the offensive in the direction of Horlivka-Zaitseve, the enemy was partially successful.
- The enemy waged offensive battles in the direction of the settlements of Ivano-Daryivka, Vyimka, Bakhmut, Vesela Dolyna, and Kodema; without success, they retreated.
- The South Operational Command reports: Ukraine's air force struck two attacks on the enemy's stronghold near Andriivka and the concentration of enemy forces and equipment near Bruskinske.
Ukraine's missile and artillery units ensured the losses of the enemy within the fire missions during the day in the number of:
- 19 dead,
- Four armored and automotive vehicles,
- one ammunition warehouse in the Berislav district of the Kherson region.
Forbes calculated how much the destroyed russian planes at the Saky airfield in Crimea are worth. Before the explosions, russian aircraft worth $650 million to $850 million were located there. According to preliminary data, eight Su-27s, four Su-30SMs, five Su-24s, six Mi-8s, and one Il-20 were destroyed. It cost russia approximately $380 million.
The Security Service of Ukraine eliminated four large-scale channels of illegal departure of men abroad in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, and Chernihiv regions. Some routes of unlawful transportation of conscripts ran to the aggressor country and the temporarily occupied Crimea.