Ukrainian forces have destroyed six artillery systems over the past day exhausting Russian forces all over the frontline – AFU General Staff
The AFU General Staff reports that Ukrainian forces continue offensive operations in the southern Melitopol and eastern Bakhmut fronts, inflicting losses among Russian manpower and equipment
The higher commanders say Ukrainian troops exhaust the enemy all over the frontline.
Russian army's attacks
There have been 14 combat engagements over the last day. The enemy carried out 44 air strikes and fired 27 times from multiple rocket launchers at the positions of our troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths and injuries among the civilian population. Private houses, a hospital and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged, the statement said.
What's new on the frontline
The situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
- In the Kupiansk direction, the enemy conducted air strikes near seven settlements. Dvorichna, Synkivka, Petropavlivka, Ivanivka, Kyslivka, and Berestove in the Kharkiv region came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Lyman direction, seven towns of the Donetsk region suffered from enemy air strikes. The occupants shelled more than ten localities with artillery and mortars, including Nevske and Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region, Spirne and Rozdolivka in the Donetsk region.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian troops successfully repelled an enemy attack near Hryhorivka, Donetsk region. The enemy launched air strikes near Andriivka, Kostyantynivka, Pivnichne, and Toretsk in the Donetsk region. Over 15 localities came under artillery and mortar fire, including Mykolayivka, Markove, Ivanivske, Klishchiyivka, Andriivka, and Kurdyumivka in the Donetsk region. The enemy continues to increase the density of minefields.
- In the Avdiivka direction, the militants launched air strikes near Avdiivka and Vodiane in the Donetsk region. About ten settlements came under artillery and mortar fire, including Novobakhmutivka, Novokalynove, Stepove, Avdiivka, Severne, and Pervomayske in the Donetsk region.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian troops successfully repelled eight enemy attacks in the vicinity of Marinka, Donetsk region. The enemy launched an air strike near Novomykhailivka, Donetsk region. About ten settlements were under occupants' fire.
- The enemy launched an air strike near Novodanylivka in the Zaporizhzhia direction. More than 20 localities came under artillery and mortar fire, including Charivne, Robotyne, Mali Shcherbaky, Kamianske, and Plavni.
- In the Kherson direction, the enemy launched air strikes near Mykolaivka, Burhunka, and Olhivka in the Kherson region. More than ten localities came under hostile artillery and mortar fire, including the city of Kherson, Antonivka, Dniprovske, and Shyroka Balka.
Successes of the Ukrainian military
Ukrainian forces continued offensive operations in the Melitopol direction and assault operations in the Bakhmut direction, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces and depleting the enemy along the entire front line.
During the day, Ukraine's aviation carried out seven strikes on the areas of concentration of enemy personnel, weapons, and military equipment. Moreover, our defenders destroyed two reconnaissance UAVs at the operational and tactical levels.
The missile troops' units destroyed an S-300 anti-aircraft missile system and six enemy artillery pieces.