11:54 21 Jul 2023

Ukrainians show unprecedented support, making record-breaking donations for defense in June

Photo: From open sources

Despite declining donations for defense needs from Ukrainians in 2023, a new record was set in June, with almost half of the total year-to-date donations collected.

This was reported by the open data platform Opendatabot, which analyzed the donations of the three largest charity foundations in Ukraine — United24, Come Back Alive, and the Serhii Prytula Foundation.

In the first six months of 2023, 8.35 billion hryvnias were deposited into the accounts of Ukraine's three largest charitable foundations. For comparison, this is 22% less than during the second half of 2022.

The vast majority of funds that Ukrainians transferred to United24 accounts were allocated to the needs of the Armed Forces (for defense) — 4.93 billion UAH or 89% of all donations received by this platform. The remaining 11% were collected for medical aid and reconstruction of Ukraine — 0.45 billion hryvnias and 0.16 billion hryvnias, respectively.

At the same time, United24 received 2.4 billion hryvnias for defense in June, an absolute record. In addition, this is almost half of all defense donations in the first half of the current year.

The previous maximum — 2.24 billion hryvnias — was collected by this platform in July 2022.

At the same time, the results of fundraisers for the Armed Forces of Ukraine in June were 4.8 times higher than the figures for the January-May period of the current year — at that time, United24, on average, collected 0.5 billion hryvnias per month for these needs.

The situation is similar to two other charitable foundations.

In June, the donations for Come Back Alive increased by 17% — 0.34 billion hryvnias against the "monthly average" of 0.29 billion hryvnias in January-May.

As for the Prytula fund, the increase was as much as 37% — in June, Ukrainians donated 0.22 billion hryvnias, while during the previous five months, on average, 0.16 billion hryvnias entered the accounts.

Rubryka reported that the Ukrainian defenders received more than 500 drones purchased with the funds of United24.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Add comment

E-mail is already registered on the site. Please use the Login form or enter another.

You entered an incorrect username or password

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: