Zelenskyi imposes sanctions on Medvedchuk's colleague Kozak and his TV channels for 5 years
The President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi imposes sanctions on Taras Kozak, a close associate of Viktor Medvedchuk, for 5 years.
The press service of the Office of the President reports.
- blocking assets; temporarily restricting a person's right to use and control property belonging to him;
- restricting trade operations;
- restricting, partially or completely ceasing transit of resources, flights, and transportation through the territory of Ukraine;
- preventing capital outflows outside Ukraine;
- revocating or suspending licenses and other permits, obtained for carrying out a certain type of activity;
- prohibiting technology transfer, rights to intellectual property rights.
The sanctions also apply to Ariadna TV (which produces films and videos, television programs), Novy Format, TV Vybir, 112-TV, Lider TV, Partner TV, Novyny 24, and "New communications." In all these TV channels, Kozak is the ultimate beneficiary.
Sanctions were also imposed for 5 years. They include revocation or suspension of licenses, blocking of assets, as well as:
- ban on using radio frequency resources of Ukraine;
- termination of television broadcasting services.
It should be noted that the National Council on Television and Radio Broadcasting appoints inspections of these TV channels; they air statements threatening national security and sovereignty.
Note. Taras Kozak is a Ukrainian media mogul, People's Deputy of Ukraine of the VIII and IX convocations. Owner of TV channels "NewsOne," "ZIK" and "112 Ukraine." In 2014, he became a People's Deputy from the Opposition Bloc (formerly the Party of Regions), a close ally of Putin's child godfather, Medvedchuk. In 2019, he became a People's Deputy from the Opposition Platform – For Life party.